Monday, February 1, 2010

Past Experiences

Here I am, wrapped in my cozy heating blanket on a rainy day. I’m almost ready to embark on a great weight-loss journey. I’ve been on a 1 year hiatus since having my son. Pregnancy was a very wonderful time for me, but it was difficult because of my weight. During pregnancy I strove to eat well and stay away from junk. I stressed over eating enough protein, drinking enough water, and making sure there was a fruit and vegetable at every meal.

Toward the end of my pregnancy my blood pressure started to rise, my iron count was low, and it became unhealthy for me and the baby. I ended up being induced at 40 weeks, and gave birth to a 9 lb 7 oz VERY HEALTHY baby boy. But I believe in my heart that those last few months would have been a lot easier (and I wouldn’t have been induced) if I had not been overweight.

In all, part of me felt a little bit robbed of a healthy, happy, and peaceful pregnancy. Controlling my diet is HARD. And I never realized how hard until I had to do it for 9 months.

In the past, I have tried a few different diets. I tried Weight Watchers. I tried Sugar Busters. And I tried a diet called Deal-A-Meal.

On Weight Watchers, I just never “got it.” I would go to meetings and see my money dwindle away. Leaving with no more motivation that I had when I arrived. The point system was okay, but I ended up eating most of my points in 100-calorie packs and other carbs. I hated writing down what I ate and I never saw the kind of results that I felt I should have.

With Sugar Busters I cut out all fruit and grains from my diet. All I ate were processed meat & cheese with high sodium! What a nightmare. It wreaked havoc on my body! Not to mention the HUGE craving for sweets, and the over-use of artificial “chemical” sweetener.

Well, there was one more diet that I tried… a diet called “Deal-A-Meal.” And that is the diet that I want to tell you more about. (To Be Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment