Monday, February 1, 2010

Mealtime Nightmare

Ok, now that you know a little bit about my diet, I’ll fill you in on another reason why I need this blog. For my SANITY!

Toddlers are a handful! And everything takes a backseat to him. When it comes to lunch time, he is screaming impatiently, or running around like getting into everthing. I feel like I have to rush to get him fed and I don’t take any time for own nutrition at all.

One bad habit I have is eating whatever he rufuses to eat during mealtimes.

Today I attempted to fix chicken breast in the NuWave Oven. 30 min later, the chicken was still like jerky on the outside, and raw on the inside. It was past time to eat, and I was so frustrated.

I ended up giving my son chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese just like always. And I threw together a tuna sandwhich for myself. I stayed with in my calorie count, but I sure was mad. As I was taking my first bite of my sandwhich, my son was already yelling and throwing food on the floor because he was all done. I ate as fast as I could, just boiling with anger.

This is one HUGE obsticle I have to overcome.

Meal times with my son have become hectic. This makes enjoying meals impossible. I am so frazzled over it. I am going to try really hard to prepare meals a head of time so they can be ready on a moment’s notice. And then I will eat after he has been fed and moved on to playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment